Complete our online form
Find your local Lending Specialist
Often the challenge when upgrading to your dream home is timing the sale of your current property with the settlement of your new home. Most borrowers need to sell their home first. This of course can present hassle and inconvenience.
Speak to your local Citiwide lending specialist about short term finance when upgrading your dream home – referred to as a bridging loan.
- You can buy or build your new home before you sell your existing home.
- You can avoid moving into a rental property and move directly into your new home.
- Repayments on a bridging loan are optional during the bridging period (generally 6 months).
If you choose not to make repayments, the interest is capitalised on your loan, thus increasing the final amount you have to borrow following the sale of your current home.
- Interest is charged on the full amount of the new loan and generally charged at a higher rate.
- If you don’t sell your existing home quickly, the interest bill can really add up.
- It may force you into selling your existing home at a price lower than you want to.
- You must have sufficient equity in your existing property to support the purchase of both.
For more information call us on 1300 732 630, contact us using our Online Enquiry Form or contact your local Citiwide lending specialist.