Enquire about a loan now
Complete our online form to enquire about a loan now
Find your local Lending Specialist
Search for your local Citiwide Lending Specialist by suburb, postcode or by name
Try anyone of our online calculators for instant results
Bridging (or Changeover) Loans allow you to purchase a new home now and sell your current home later. These loans are especially helpful to ‘bridge’ the gap between the sale of one property and the purchase of another. The interest rate on a Bridging Home Loan is usually the same as that of a Standard Variable Rate Loan.
- You can buy or build your new home before you sell your existing home.
- You can avoid moving into a rental property and move directly into your new home.
- Repayments on a Bridging Loan are optional during the bridging period (generally 6 months).
If you choose not to make repayments, the interest is capitalised on your loan, thus increasing the final amount you have to borrow following the sale of your current home.
- Interest is charged on the full amount of the new loan.
- If you don’t sell your existing home quickly, the interest bill can really add up.
- It may force you into selling your existing home at a price lower than you want to.
- You must have sufficient equity in your existing property to support the purchase of both.
For more information or any enquiries call us on 1300 732 630 or contact us using our online enquiry form